Thursday, February 11, 2016

Our Constant Companion

 

[Photo of mountains and sky with words superimposed]


“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid…”
—Joshua 1:9

I am not a big fan of new experiences. Oh, once I am actually in the middle of a new experience I may relax and enjoy it. And, after the new experience has ended, I may look back on it with a certain fondness.

But, contemplating any new experience produces at least a small amount of anxiety. Having someone accompany me always helps allay my fears.

As we Christians walk the road of life, we have a constant companion. The Holy Spirit dwells within us. He walks with us and guides us along the pathway that God has laid out before us.

So, no matter what we may have to face, no matter what new experience presents itself, we have a constant companion.

The Scripture records these words from God Himself as stated in Joshua 1:9:

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Just as God spoke these words to Joshua upon the death of Moses, so He speaks them to us today. “Be strong and courageous,” He says. “I will be with you wherever you go.”

As we begin another new day, let us step out into the world with boldness and courage. God is with us. His Holy Spirit will be our protector and guide.

God will be our constant companion. And, dear ones, there simply is no one better with whom to travel the road of life.

 

Copyright © 2016 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.