Friday, February 7, 2020

Table of Blessing

 

[Photo of a Scripture verse]


“You prepare a table before me in the
presence of my enemies. You anoint
my head with oil; my cup overflows.”
—Psalm 23:5

Psalm 23 is possibly the most well-known passage of Scripture. It contains a lovely cadence that unfolds a beautiful pastoral image of the Good Shepherd caring for His beloved sheep.

Among the many extraordinary images of this Psalm are these words, found in Psalm 23:5:

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Even though we may be surrounded by the powers of darkness that seek to destroy us, God always prepares a feast of blessing for us. He anoints us with a protective covering of the blood of His precious one and only Son, Jesus.

As we begin another new day, we should remain aware that the enemies who would confound us have no power over us because Jesus has conquered sin, death, and Satan. We can go forth this day into the world with full confidence that God has laid a table of blessing for us. In fact, the blessings from God flow into our lives continually.

 

Copyright © 2020 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.