Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Comforted by God's Presence

 

[Photo of a Scripture verse]


“Even though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death, I will fear no
evil, for you are with me; your rod
and your staff, they comfort me.”
—Psalm 23:4

When we walk along the road of life, there are times when we come to some dark place. We hesitate to enter. But, the circumstances of our lives push us forward. We take very hesitant and tentative steps.

Then, of a sudden, we remember that God has promised to go with us. As King David wrote of God in Psalm 23:4:

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

As we begin a new day and find ourselves in a dark place, let’s remember that we are not alone. In fact, we are never alone. God has promised to go with us. He will provide illumination for our pathway and give us courage to push on through the darkness and out into the never-failing light.

 

Copyright © 2020 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.