Thursday, October 31, 2019

Not One Has Been Lost

 

[Photo of a Scripture verse]


“I will remain in the world no longer, but they are
still in the world, and I am coming to you.
Holy Father, protect them by the power of your
name, the name you gave me, so that they may be
one as we are one. While I was with them, I protected
them and kept them safe by that name you gave me.
None has been lost except the one doomed to
destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.”
—John 17:11-12

As I stated at the beginning of the last several blog posts, in the moments before Jesus was arrested by the armed emissaries of the high priest in the Garden of Gethsemane, He prayed a magnificent prayer. Bible teachers often refer to this as “Jesus’ High Priestly Prayer.” Certainly, this prayer shows Jesus in the role of priest to His followers. It also expresses the highest of spiritual ideals.

For the next few blog posts, it is my hope that by sharing verses from this prayer with you, you will find, as I have found, great comfort and great blessing from the words of our Savior.

Jesus continues this magnificent prayer with these words, found in John 17:11-12:

“I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.”

As followers of Jesus, we can take great comfort from the fact that He protects us by the power of God’s name. He keeps us safe from attack. And, He lovingly holds us safely in His loving arms. We can move forward in His behalf, knowing that He is always with us and that He enables us to serve Him in the best way we possibly can do so.

 

Copyright © 2019 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.