Thursday, August 29, 2019

Soaring

 

[Photo of a Scripture verse]


“Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men
stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength. They will soar on
wings like eagles; they will run and not grow
weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
—Isaiah 40:30-31

The Australian ministry, Hillsong, has a praise song, “Lift You Higher,” that can really hype up a contemporary worship service. Here are some the words:

You came to save the world:
To rescue me; To rescue me.
You came to give us hope:
You’re all I need; You’re all I need.

You set our hearts on fire:
It burns in me; It burns in me.
Now You awaken us:
For all to see; For all to see.

Because Your love has set me free;
Because Your love will never leave;
Because You live and die for me;
I live for You alone.

We lift You higher, Our God!
Your name be lifted higher
In everything

The heights always have an allure for us. As human beings, we look to the high places and long to soar high above everything. We envy the birds. That’s why the invention of flight has become so important to us. We want to rise above on wings that fly.

The Prophet Isaiah understood this desire and penned these words found in Isaiah 40:30-31:

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

As another new day begins, do we intend to soar with the eagles? It’s a choice we can make right now. If we put all of our hope in the Lord, He will renew our strength. He will enable us to run and not grow weary, to walk and not faint. Let’s choose to soar!

 

Copyright © 2019 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.