Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Hey! Whaddaya Know?

 

[Photo of a person's silhouette with words superimposed]


“ I know that my redeemer lives…”
—Job 19:25a

When I was a teenager, more than 50 years ago, a common greeting was “Hey! Whaddaya Know?”

A proper response was either, “Nuthin’! You?” Or, some bit of actual news that you thought the person greeting you might not know: “Mary and Tommy broke up!”

In the midst of dealing with the horrific troubles that had visited him, the patriarch Job made this declaration in Job 19:25:

I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth.

Wow! I don’t think I could respond so positively in the midst of personal ruin. But, I certainly should and so should we all.

No matter what circumstances we find ourselves in today, let us cling to the reality that Jesus, our Savior, lives. Then, let's be ready to share that glorious truth whenever the Holy Spirit prompts us to do so.

“This one thing I know for certain,” we may confidently report. “I know my Savior lives and one day He will return to stand on the earth. What a glorious day that will be!”

Indeed!

 

Copyright © 2016 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.