Friday, April 1, 2016

Dead to Sin and Alive in Christ

 

[Graphic of a Scripture verse]


“I have been crucified with Christ…”
—Galatians 2:20a

As “Christ's-ones” (Christians) our faith has set us free from the bondage of sin.

Yes, we continue to sin because the sin nature we inherited from Adam remains alive in us. But, because of our Savior’s death on the cross, sin can no longer hold us captive.

The Apostle Paul expressed it this way in Galatians 2:20:

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

We live by faith. Christ lives within us through the Holy Spirit. The captivity of sin died with Christ on the cross. We can claim victory over sin through Jesus' shed blood.

Let us live this day as ones freed from the bondage to sin. Let us rejoice in the power of Christ within us. Let us glory in the resurrection that guarantees our place in heaven.

And, let us show forth Christ’s love to all those we meet today.

 

Copyright © 2016 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.