Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Without Love…

 

[Photo of flower petals forming the word Love]


“If I speak in the tongues of men
or of angels, but do not have
love, I am only a resounding
gong or a clanging cymbal.”
—1 Corinthians 13:1

Without Love…

God-breathed love is the most powerful force in the lives of believers. That’s why the Apostle Paul devoted an entire chapter of Scripture to the subject.

Paul begins by declaring these truths in 1 Corinthians 13:1-3:

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Paul had experienced first hand the power of God-breathed love. Let us follow in Paul's footsteps this day and open ourselves to this mighty power.

 

Copyright © 2016 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.