Thursday, January 21, 2016

Inseparable Love - Part 1

 

[Photo of a wooden cross necklace with words superimpoed]


“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?”
—Romans 8:35a

For whatever deep psychological reasons, I have always been a very insecure person. While now in my dotage I have become somewhat less bothered by insecurity, I still remember how I felt when I was younger.

If people told me that they loved me, I always expected them to stop loving me at any moment. My insecure behaviors often resulted in the people who loved me wanting to flee away from me. Their reaction to my insecurity, of course, only served to validate my feelings of insecurity.

Fortunately, God’s love does not depend on our behaviors. No matter how insecure we may feel about His love, God’s love is an inseparable love.

The Apostle Paul confirms this in Romans 8:35-37:

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

We can rely on the inseparability of God’s love. Once He chooses us as His dearly loved children, He never, ever stops loving us.

Let us respond this day to God’s inseparable love by greeting every person who crosses our pathway with that same kind of God-breathed love.

In this tit-for-tat world, let us keep loving others no matter how they may behave. In this way we will model the inseparable love God has for us.

 

Copyright © 2016 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.