Tuesday, November 5, 2019

God's Love in Us

 

[Photo of a Scripture verse]


“Father, I want those you have given me to
be with me where I am, and to see my glory,
the glory you have given me because you
loved me before the creation of the world.”
—John 17:24

In the moments before Jesus was arrested by the armed emissaries of the high priest in the Garden of Gethsemane, He prayed a magnificent prayer. Bible teachers often refer to this as “Jesus’ High Priestly Prayer.” Certainly, this prayer shows Jesus in the role of priest to His followers. It also expresses the highest of spiritual ideals.

Today, concludes my series of blog posts that have focused on this prayer of Jesus. It is my hope that by sharing verses from this prayer with you, you will find, as I have found, great comfort and great blessing from the words of our Savior.

Jesus concludes this magnificent prayer with these words, found in John 17:24-26:

“Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

“Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

Considering the words of Jesus, as He prayed for His disciples and for us as well, should give us courage and strength to face another new day. Let’s determine to make this day count for Him.

 

Copyright © 2019 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.