Friday, September 13, 2019

Crying Out To God

 

[Photo of a Scripture verse]


“Lord, you are the God who saves me; day
and night I cry out to you. May my prayer
come before you; turn your ear to my cry.”
—Psalm 88:1-2

In the midst of the trials and difficulties in our lives, how wonderful it is for those of us who follow Jesus to be able to bow before God in prayer and ask for His help. The Sons of Korah well knew this when they wrote a song that begins with these words, as recorded in Psalm 88:1-2:

Lord, you are the God who saves me; day and night I cry out to you. May my prayer come before you; turn your ear to my cry.

It is important to note that the sons of Korah well knew what trouble meant. Just read the account of how their fathers rebelled and were punished, as recorded in Numbers 16. In contrast, many generations later, King David appoints the sons of Korah to a special position. 1 Chronicles 6:31-32 indicates that David appointed certain sons of Korah to oversee the music in God’s house.

At the beginning of this new day, we can take great comfort from knowing that we can call out to God in prayer and He will hear and listen to our prayers. Let’s keep praying and keep receiving from God all that we need.

 

Copyright © 2019 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.