Monday, May 16, 2016

Celebrate the Power of the Creator

 

[Photo of baby's feet with words superimposed]


“For you created my inmost being; you
knit me together in my mother’s womb.”
—Psalm 139:13

We joyfully celebrate the works of everyone who creates something wonderful.

If I mention the name Alexander Graham Bell, or Thomas Edison, or Dr. Jonas Salk, you can immediately identify them as the much celebrated creators of the telephone, the electric light bulb, and the polio vaccine.

Is it any wonder that the Psalmist, King David, considered his own being and wrote these words in Psalm 139:13-14:

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

David recognized the power of God and celebrated God’s creative genius.

As we begin this new day, we, too, should celebrate the creative power of God. He has given us both life and new life through His Son, Jesus. That surely is creative power worthy of our highest praise.

 

Copyright © 2016 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.