Friday, August 21, 2015

Thoroughly Equipped

 

[Photo of a person writing in the Bible]


“…so that the servant of God may be
thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
—2 Timothy 3:17b

I once dreamed I had embarked on a long journey across the United States by air, but I had left my suitcase behind. When I arrived at my destination, I had nothing that I needed to effectively complete the purpose of my travels.

While this very foolish scenario was only a dream, it reminded me how important it is to make every effort to become thoroughly equipped before starting out each day.

For Christians, that means spending time reading and studying God's Word, the Bible. The Apostle Paul reinforces this idea in his second letter to his "son in the faith," Timothy, when he writes in 2 Timothy 3:16-17:

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

As we move forward into this new day, let us determine to study God's Word and allow His truth to shine a light on our pathway through this dark world.

 

Copyright © 2015 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.

 

No comments: