Friday, August 14, 2015

The True Gate

 

[Photo of a gate with words superimposed]


“I am the gate for the sheep.”
—John 10:7

While traveling along the road of life, we often have to make choices as to which direction we will take. When we come to a gate blocking our pathway, do we open that gate and proceed?

Our Savior understood this dilemma. He offered these words of encouragement and direction in John 10:7-10:

Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them.

“I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.

“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”

Since Jesus is the true gate, let us this day enter into the joy of our salvation. And, let us glory in the reality that we sheep have been chosen by the Good Shepherd to belong to His Kingdom.

Through Jesus we can have “life to the full.”

 

Copyright © 2015 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.