Thursday, December 18, 2014

Keep Me…

 

[Graphic of a sign]


“Keep me from deceitful ways…”
—Psalm 119:29a

Maintaining our spiritual equilibrium in the face of the many opportunities to yield to temptation may seem like a daunting task. Fortunately God has given those who believe in Him the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit to strengthen and uphold them.

God listens to our cries for help. He rushes to our aid because He loves us with His everlasting love. He extends His mercy and grace to us in the fullest possible measure.

We are not alone in our quest to stay on the path of obedience. The Psalmist gives voice to the same needs we have in Psalm 119:29-30:

Keep me from deceitful ways; be gracious to me and teach me your law. I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I have set my heart on your laws.

With great joy, let’s great this new day with hearts and minds focused on obedience to God’s will and to His Word.

When we’re tempted, let’s look to the Holy Spirit to help us in our determination to turn aside from temptation.

 

Copyright © 2014 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.