Thursday, November 6, 2014

Making the Imperfect Perfect

 

[Photo of a woman with words superimposed]


“For who is God besides the Lord?
And who is the Rock except our God?”
—Psalm 18:31

If we try to live perfect lives we will not succeed. The sin nature we inherited from Adam through our biological parents guarantees we can never become perfect on our own.

Only through the life-altering blood of the Lord Jesus Christ can we become the perfect people God wants to see when He looks on us. The stain of that sin-cleansing blood imparts all of God’s goodness, kindness, compassion, and love to us.

By relying on the moment-by-moment guidance of the Holy Spirit we can become more and more like the God who loves us.

The Psalmist captured this vision of imparted holiness in Psalm 18:30-36:

As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God?

It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

You make your saving help my shield, and your right hand sustains me; your help has made me great. You provide a broad path for my feet, so that my ankles do not give way.

This day we can trust the God who loves us with His undying love to take our imperfect lives and make them perfect in His sight.

 

Copyright © 2014 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.