Wednesday, July 30, 2014

God Is With Us

 

[Photo of words superimposed over rain falling]


“It is God who arms me with strength…”
—Psalm 18:32a

When God sets you on a path, or gives you an assignment, you need not ask, “Can I do this?” The very fact God has given you the pathway or task indicates that He knows you can do what He requires.

Furthermore, you are not walking on the pathway or working at the task alone. God lovingly will provide every ability you need to have in order to accomplish His purposes.

The Psalmist acknowledged this when he wrote these words in Psalm 18:32-35:

It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You make your saving help my shield, and your right hand sustains me; your help has made me great.

Our “greatness” does not depend on our own strength. In fact, if we rely on our own strength we will surely not achieve true greatness. God alone offers us the love and power that will propel us to genuine greatness.

Let us make a conscious decision to cling to His steadying strength and power.

 

Copyright © 2014 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.

 

No comments: