Monday, September 29, 2014

Changing Our Ways

 

[Graphic of a sign]


“If you really change your ways and your actions…”
—Jeremiah 7:5a

I am very resistant to change. As one who has a Concrete-Sequential Mind Style™, I prefer life to move forward in a very steady, logical progression.

Of course, I pay a price for my desire for a “sameness” to my life. I am called “boring,” a “stick-in-the-mud,” someone who’s “no fun.” As true as those accusations may be, I do realize that sometimes in life we actually have to not only accept change, but wholeheartedly embrace it.

Sometimes our bad, even sinful, behavior requires us to “press the reset button” and make genuine changes in our lives.

God talks about needed changes through His Prophet Jeremiah, as recorded in Jeremiah 7:5-7:

If you really change your ways and your actions and deal with each other justly, if you do not oppress the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow and do not shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not follow other gods to your own harm, then I will let you live in this place, in the land I gave your ancestors for ever and ever.

A change can set our lives on a new and much better pathway. That’s a change worth making.

 

Copyright © 2014 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.

 

No comments: