Wednesday, October 2, 2019

My Portion Forever

 

[Photo of a Scripture verse]


“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the
strength of my heart and my portion forever.”
—Psalm 73:26

Have you ever felt that you were in deep trouble and you called out to God for help? Most people find themselves in such a situation from time to time. Maybe it wasn’t even something directly affecting you. Perhaps it was a situation that had overtaken a beloved member of your family. It might even have been a situation you read about, heard about, or saw on television that prompted you to plead with God to intervene.

If you have ever cried out to God for help, then you can understand the situation Asaph found himself in when he wrote these words found in Psalm 73:23-26:

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

This pleading prayer is one we should make a part of our lives. God longs for us to call out to Him. He also wants us to realize that He alone is the only One to whom we can ask for help in our time of need.

Just this past week on Facebook and via text messages, I heard from a number of friends who asked for prayer. It was truly an honor and privilege to be able to ask God in prayer to help these dear ones. I’m sure you may have had a similar experience. We need to come to God unashamed of our requests for His help. He actually delights to help us. Why? Because of God’s enormously great love for us.

And that, my dear ones, is something we need to remember all through this new day.

 

Copyright © 2019 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.