Thursday, February 20, 2020

He Answered Me

 

[Photo of a Scripture verse]


“I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.”
—Psalm 34:4

Did you ever ask someone a question and have them seemingly refuse to answer? Perhaps you asked your son or daughter to take out the trash. In response to your request you heard, well, nothing.

You looked to see if your son or daughter had on earphones and was listening to music. No, no earphones. You looked to see if he or she was watching television and did not hear your request. No, the TV was muted for a commercial. So, you asked your question again. And, once again, you heard no response.

Your frustration level began to rise. The third time you asked your son or daughter to take out the trash, your voice rose with a tinge of anger. I’m not going to speculate whether or not you received a response. It is just as likely that you didn’t get an answer than if you did.

God is not at all like that. The Psalmist declares in Psalm 34:4:

I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.

When we seek an answer from God, He always answers us. Now, we may not like the answer we receive. But, we always get an answer.

“Wait a minute,” you say. “I’ve prayed and prayed and prayed about something and I don’t feel that God has ever answered me.”

But, don’t you see? God has seemingly remained silent, yet in a sense, He has answered you. By His silence He is urging you to keep praying and to wait on His timing. As the days pass, you will find that God’s plan for your situation will unfold slowly and carefully right before your eyes.

Other times, the answer that God gives us may appear as exactly the opposite of the answer for which we hoped and desired. Nevertheless, God’s answer will ultimately always prove out as the best possible answer we could have received from Him. This is because He always has our best interest in mind.

As we begin a new day, let’s not hesitate to make our requests known to God. In His loving and caring way, He will always answer us with the right answer—the one we really need.

 

Copyright © 2020 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.