Wednesday, August 28, 2019

We Live By Faith

 

[Photo of a Scripture verse]


“I have been crucified with Christ and I no
longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life
I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son
of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
—Galatians 2:20

We who follow the Lord Jesus Christ recognize that no matter how diligently we may plan out each new day, the direction of our lives rests in God’s loving hands. At any time, God may change our course along the pathway He has laid out before us.

The only genuine way to live as a Christian is to recognize that we are servants of God and must remain at His disposal at all times. This is what prompted the Apostle Paul to write these words found in Galatians 2:20:

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

As we begin this new day, let’s recognize that the life we live, we live by faith. We have been crucified with our Savior. Our life is in His hands and every aspect of who we are is at His disposal at all times.

This may sound like an enormous challenge. But actually, it is an enormous privilege. It’s a privilege that should produce in us great joy and great comfort.

 

Copyright © 2019 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.