Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Living in the Negative

 

[Photo of a river bank with words superimposed]


“You are my portion, Lord…”
—Psalm 119:57a

Do you know someone who lives in the negative? This is someone who most always says “No!” and seldom says “Yes!”? Such a person rarely agrees, usually very quickly finds an excuse, and most often resists positive suggestions.

As believers in the life-transforming power of God through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, we must learn to say “Yes!” to His will and His Word.

The Psalmist clearly understood this when he wrote these words in Psalm 119:57-60:

You are my portion, Lord; I have promised to obey your words. I have sought your face with all my heart; be gracious to me according to your promise.

I have considered my ways and have turned my steps to your statutes. I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands.

This new day, let us be very quick to say “Yes!” to what God instructs us to do in His Word, making obedience to Him the habitual pattern of our lives.

 

Copyright © 2014 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.