Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Update on Wednesday, May 2, 2018

 

[Photo of Dean at the second fitting of the temporary prosthesis]


“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved
children and walk in the way of love, just as
Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as
a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”
—Ephesians 5:1-2

I continue to feel deep gratitude for all of the well-wishes and especially for all of the prayers that you have sent heavenward in my behalf. God certainly has been at work during this long recovery process. Your support, your friendship, and your caring mean a very great deal to me.

Today, as you can see in the photo above, I had the second fitting of my temporary prosthesis. I learned how to don the device and how to take it off. I stood and even took a few steps. My most excellent Prosthetist, Joseph H. Carter, Jr. of Union Orthotics and Prosthetics Co., has many years of experience. He is a true professional and knows exactly what to tell someone like me. I still have much to learn and many, many weeks of physical therapy ahead, as I learn how to walk again.

Again, thank you for your continued prayers.

(By the way, I do actually own more than one sport shirt. I find it quite humorous that every time I have had my photo taken during this recovery process, I just happen to have on the same shirt. Oh well… Someone once told me I was a really excellent dresser. But, that individual opined that I had only one problem: my “middle drawer” stuck out too far.)

 

 

Copyright © 2018 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.