Thursday, April 12, 2018

Update on Thursday, April 12, 2018

 

[Photo of Dean at the first fitting of the temporary prosthesis]


“His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse,
nor his delight in the legs of the warrior;”
—Psalm 147:10

As you can see from the above photo, today I had the first fitting of the temporary prosthesis. My most excellent Prosthetist, Joseph H. Carter, Jr., is shown observing my stance prior to making some adjustments to the temporary prosthesis. Joe has significantly aided me through this process.

Next steps: on Friday, April 20, 2018, I will have same-day-surgery at UPMC Hamot Medical Center to straighten, correct, and fuse the joints in the big toe of my left foot. Following this surgery, after some time for healing, I will have the second fitting of the temporary prosthesis and resume physical therapy in order to learn how to walk again.

I continue to remain very thankful for your prayers, as God guides me through this process of recovery.

 

 

Copyright © 2018 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.