Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Unsearchable Things

 

[Photo of a Scripture verse]


“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you
great and unsearchable things you do not know.”
—Jeremiah 33:3

“Why do you read and study so much?” one friend asked another.

“Because I want to be in the know!” came the answer.

That’s the way a lot of us are. We want to be in the know. We want to have the inside information. We want to know everything that’s going on. We want to have the ability to understand what motivates people to do what they do. We don’t like surprises. We’re nosy, or at least that’s how other people view us.

Many of us have insatiable curiosity. I’ve shared before on this blog how I have been consumed by wanting to know everything I can about the people I care about. I realize that much of what I want to know is none of my business. But, I can’t seem to help myself. I’m just a genuinely curious person.

The Prophet Jeremiah was curious, too. He longed to know everything he possibly could about God. And, the relationship Jeremiah had with God gave him insight into the very things he longed to know. That’s why, with great joy, Jeremiah was glad to report these words of God found in Jeremiah 33:3:

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.

God understands our desire to know. He recognizes that, in forming a relationship with us, He must reveal Himself to us. And, fortunately for our sake, God longs to do just that.

As we begin a new day, let’s respond to God’s desire for us to know Him. Let’s spend time reading, studying, and meditating on His written Word, the Bible. Let’s spend time talking to Him in prayer. Let’s set aside time to sit quietly in His diving Presence and allow Him to fill our minds and hearts with an intimate knowledge of Himself.

 

Copyright © 2017 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.