Friday, December 9, 2016

Fruit Bearing Glory

 

[Photo of a Scripture verse]


““I am the vine; you are the branches. If you
remain in me and I in you, you will bear
much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

“This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much
fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.”
—John 15:5, 8

The object of a fruit attached to the vine is to grow and develop because the vine provides needed nourishment. If the fruit becomes detached from the vine, the source of nourishment disappears.

That’s why Jesus instructed His disciples with these words found in John 15:5, 8:

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

“This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.”

Fruit bearing on the part of we who follow Jesus intends to bring glory to God the Father. As we serve Him as His ambassadors to a needy world, our development into healthy fruit possessing ever greater holiness brings glory to Him.

Let’s go out into the world this day, clinging to the vine and feeding on the nourishment God provides through His Word and through the guidance the Holy Spirit gives us. As we become ever more fruitful, we will bring glory to Him.

 

Copyright © 2016 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.