Monday, February 1, 2016

Plans to Prosper

 

[Graphic of a sign]


“For I know the plans I have for you…”
—Jeremiah 29:11a

“There’re so many things you Christians aren’t supposed to do. What fun is that?”

The person who spoke those words simply did not understand the glories of the Christian life. It is not a faith of rules and regulations. It’s not a list of dos and don’ts.

Instead, Christianity is a wonderful relationship with God through His Son, Jesus. The benefits of this relationship are beyond measure.

Looking toward the cross from the depths of ancient history, the Prophet Jeremiah reported these words from the lips of God in Jeremiah 29:11-13:

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

“Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”

God does indeed have a wonderful plan for the lives of those He loves.

So, as we begin a new day, let's step out with the confidence that comes from knowing that God has plans to prosper us in ways that we cannot even imagine.

Yes, God’s measure of prosperity may be radically different than the measure of prosperity of our current culture. But His prosperity lasts for eternity.

And that, dear ones, is very comforting as we journey along the pathway of life.

 

Copyright © 2016 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.