Thursday, August 13, 2015

No More Darkness

 

[Photo of sunrise with words superimposed]


“I am the light of the world.”
—John 8:12

Thanks to skillful employees of a local contractor, I recently upgraded the lighting on the outside of my home. I particularly appreciate the lamps on either side of my garage door.

As a person or vehicle enters the driveway, a sensor turns on those lamps automatically. This means whoever comes to visit does not have to walk in darkness. The light from the lamps illuminates the pathway.

Once we acknowledged the gift God has given us of eternal life through His Son, our pathway along the road of life is no longer in darkness.

Notice what Jesus says in John 8:12:

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

As we step out in the world today, we no longer walk in the darkness of sin. Because God has chosen us to belong to Himself, our Savior shines His bright light to illuminate our pathway.

Therefore, let us step out boldly today and share God's redeeming love with those we meet along the pathway of our lives.

 

Copyright © 2015 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.