Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Bread of Life, Please Fill Me

 

[Graphic of hands holding bread]


“Whoever comes to me will never go hungry…”
—John 6:35

We do a very good job of feeding our bodies. In fact, I’m told by my doctor that I continue to do too good a job at feeding mine.

But, what about our spirit? What kind of food fills our minds and our hearts?

The Lord Jesus Christ offers to fill our spirits with the best possible spiritual food: Himself. Notice what he said in John 6:35:

Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

As we launch out into a new day, let us determine to feed our spirits with the best possible food. Let us allow the Holy Spirit to fill our lives full-to-overflowing with Christ's mercy, grace, and abiding love.

Then, let us determine to allow Christ’s love to flow out of us and touch everyone who crosses our pathway this day.

 

Copyright © 2015 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.