Monday, May 18, 2015

Sustained by God

 

[Photo of smiling older people]


“I am he who will sustain you.”
—Isaiah 46:4b

Sometimes I look at younger people with amazement. Their energy astounds me. Their freedom of movement and bursts of enthusiasm for life makes me smile.

From my perch in the catbird’s seat of old age and with the daily endurance of the aches of an arthritis-laden body, I remember fondly the days, now long ago, when I could bound up and down stairs with ease.

But God has not turned His back on us who are in our sunset years. Notice what God has said to His people, as recorded in Isaiah 46:4:

Even to your old age and gray hairs, I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

Let us launch into this new day with renewed confidence that the God who loves us with His everlasting love will sustain us right up to the very moment that He welcomes us to our heavenly home.

 

Copyright © 2015 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.