Friday, April 24, 2015

Those Who Bring Joy

 

[Drawing of a pirced hand with words superimposed]


“ I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers…”
—Philemon 1:4a:

“You bring me great joy!”

Imagine what a thrill it is to hear someone say that to you. You may not think you’re very important or that what you do has any great significance.

But every once in a while, someone gets enough courage to tell you how much you mean to them. Normally, they may hesitate to tell you, lest you misunderstand what they’re saying.

The Apostle Paul had no hesitation in declaring how much Philemon meant to him when he wrote these words in Philemon 1:4-7:

I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your love for all his holy people and your faith in the Lord Jesus.

I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ.

Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people.

Nothing is quite as encouraging as being on the receiving end of a great outpouring of love from God’s people.

Let’s determine to live in such a way that we do not withhold God’s love from our brothers and sisters in Christ.

 

Copyright © 2015 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.