Monday, February 9, 2015

Our Security Rests with God

 

[Photo of masked radical riflemen]


“ Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup”
—Psalm 16:5

In these days of strife where we receive daily threats from people who want to utterly destroy us, it is easy to become fearful and to desire greater security.

A polling organization, Rasmussen Reports, indicates that a new high of 43% of Americans think we do not spend enough on security.

For believers in the life-transforming power of God’s Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, our security rests in God’s hands. As the Psalmist wrote in Psalm 16:5-8:

Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.

I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

Our true security rests firmly with God who loves us with His inexhaustible love and who holds us safely in the hollow of His mighty hand.

Let us put all worry aside and move forward into this new day surrounded with God's mercy, love, and grace.

 

Copyright © 2015 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.