Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Praising God

 

[Photo of walking bridge with words superimposed]


“Praise be to his glorious name forever…”
—Psalm 72:19

For me, the best part of worship services has always been the singing of hymns. I particularly like hymns of praise.

Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation.
O my soul praise Him for He is my help and salvation.

A congregation marked by enthusiastic hymn singing always brings joy to my heart and a sense of well being to my soul.

I suppose that’s why I look to the Psalms for inspiration at the beginning of a new day. These ancient hymns of praise taught the children of Israel, God’s chosen people, about the wonders and majesty of the God who loves them.

For example, notice what the Psalmist wrote in Psalm 72:18-19:

Praise be to the Lord God, the God of Israel, who alone does marvelous deeds. Praise be to his glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with his glory. Amen and Amen.

Let us begin this new day, and every new day, with praise to the God who loves us with His everlasting love.

 

Copyright © 2015 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.