Friday, August 1, 2014

“Be Glad You’re You!”

 

[Photo of open Bible with verse superimposed]


“For you created my inmost being…”
—Psalm 139:13a

Don’t spend even one second wishing you were more like someone else. You are exactly the person God created you to be.

Yes, you may have issues to deal with in your life: sins to overcome, challenges to face, new horizons to reach, and goals toward which you should strive.

But the fundamental “you” is exactly the person God created you to be. The Psalmist said it best in Psalm 139:13-17:

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!

The current trends in our society tend to breed insecurity and point us toward covetousness: we look at someone else and wish that we could become them. What a foolish waste of time! How silly to want to become someone else.

At the start of this new day, and every new day, we should begin by praising God that He has made us exactly as He intends us to be. We are glorious in His sight. When He looks at us, He sees someone worthy of His unfailing, undying love.

So, let us rejoice that we are God’s very special, very precious, and very deeply loved creation. He has fashioned us exactly as He wishes. And, we bear the very stamp of His image. Be glad you’re you!

 

Copyright © 2014 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.

 

No comments: