Friday, August 8, 2014

Are You Spiritually Out of Breath?

 

[Photo of a steep outdoor stairs with words superimposed]


“When you walk, your steps will not be hampered…”
—Proverbs 4:12

It isn’t so much that I don’t know the way I’m supposed to go. Nor is it that I cannot see the pathway I’m supposed to follow.

Rather, I sometimes feel tired and weary and out of breath spiritually. Part of the beauty of a new day is the promise it holds for new mercies from the God who loves me with His unfailing love.

I take special comfort on this day from these words recorded in Proverbs 4:11-12, where God says:

I instruct you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble.

Perhaps you, too, feel already weary at the beginning of another day. Take heart! Our God is a sustaining God. He will provide everything we need to follow the road He has opened up before us.

Even if we must climb many “stairs” today, He will give us the strength we need to do so.

 

Copyright © 2014 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.

 

No comments: