Wednesday, July 2, 2014

“Where Are We Going?”

 

[Photo of sunlight shining on a forest path]


 “You make known to me the path of life…”
 —Psalm 16:11a

I really like the question embodied in the Latin phrase "Quo Vadimus." This phrase asks, "Where are we going?"

I’ve written about this subject extensively in the past. I believe this question represents a key point of self-examination for an individual, for a church, or for any organization.

We who serve the Great King Jesus can always circle around to the stark reality that He has a definite pathway for us.

“Where are we going?”

We may not know the full answer. But, we can depend on God to direct us and illuminate the pathway He wants us to follow. Note these encouraging words from Psalm 16:11:

You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

The Psalmist acknowledges that God has made known to him the path of life. Just as God did that for the Psalmist, so He will gladly do it for you and for me.

Let’s determine to joyfully receive this unique gift from God and also determine to follow the path that God opens up before us this day.

 

Copyright © 2014 by Dean K. Wilson. All Rights Reserved.

 

No comments: